As part of the Delivery Hero network, Talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.
Talabat was voted the UAE best food app in 2016/2017 by BBC Good Food with over 1,600+ employees, 3.8+ million users, 13,300+ of brands with more than 300,000 daily orders and we are just getting started!
What's On Your Plate?
Responsible for all legal tasks.
- Commercial transactions with external parties
- Drafting, reviewing, advising and negotiating all types of contracts and addendums (such as services contracts, supplier contracts, lease contracts, contractors’ contracts, vendor contracts, confidentiality, marketing, IP related contracts), and assess potential legal implications which need to be brought up to management attention.
- Review and draft legal notices and circulars to external parties, for different business units.
- Providing advise on contractual, commercial and legislative matters to the management.
- Negotiate, review and draft documents for business transactions whenever required.
- Coordinate with Central legal/Local lawyers upon required.
- Support in research, preliminary/final drafting, and initial negotiation of simple/complex legal documents on varied issues of Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Compliance, Contracts, Corporate Governance and International Law.
- Support trademarks registration process and in IP related matters upon requirement.
- Draft legal guidelines and processes for different business related to different matters such as Corporate Social Responsibility, HR, logistics etc.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to identify potential legal risks and related courses of actions.
- Provide legal advices when required that may be related to corporate law such as investments, M&;As, tax and legal restructurings, postmerger integrations, disposals, liquidations, conversions, capital increases, etc. with supporting in local laws research for post of such transaction.
- Provide legal advises when required related to commercial law and regulations that includes consumer protection, anti- trust/ competition protection , IP, food control regulations.
- Collaborate with the compliance management on matters related to compliance with laws and regulations, upon requirement.
- Assist in providing advice on litigation risks to decision makers across the company.
- Assign local law firms for any conduct litigation case/investigation.
- Support local lawyers in providing the needed evidence/documents upon request, through collaboration with the concerned business units of the company to provide the necessary documents/evidences.
- Monitor litigation case and follow up with assigned local law firm.
- Manage relations with local law firm to ensure timely and pertinent advice for initiatives.
- Seek local law firms ‘support in drafting and revise contracts that involve potential regulatory/compliance risk.
Governmental Bodies Management
- Present the company in front of any governmental bodies upon request.
- Act as a project owner for at least one of our regulatory authorization projects, coordinating the work of external advisors and internal cross-functional stakeholders.
- Negotiate partnerships with licensed institutions.
- Upon requirement by compliance management, use your expertise on regulation to assess regulatory authorization requirements and draft compliance checklists for new products and features.