As part of the Delivery Hero network, Talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.
Talabat was voted the UAE best food app in 2016/2017 by BBC Good Food with over 1,600+ employees, 3.8+ million users, 13,300+ of brands with more than 300,000 daily orders and we are just getting started!
What's On Your Plate?
To be part of a team of 20 staff in a supervisory role and required to handle major accounting functions consists of revenue recognition, payment process to 10k partners, asset management, treasury, Intercompany transactions, VAT compliance and reporting to Central team Germany
What’s On Your Plate?
- Verify and post day to day accounting operations such as partner payments, GL monthly closing functions, Bank entries, asset management, Lease registers etc
- Develop and supervise dynamic monthly closing checklist with deadlines and assigning roles among the team for most efficient closing framework.
- Support and supervise accounting team for their smooth discharge of duties in accordance with IFRS standards.
- Track and monitor each Trial balance items and revert to queries that come from different heads (intercompany/Central team/management) and ensure segment wise reporting
- Review financials and prepare schedules for Quarterly and annual audits.
- Overlook COD and OP reconciliation against orders.
- Review and ensure tax compliance and quarterly audit filing.
- Ensure the monthly closing deadlines and prepare closing package to be sent to management.In charge of MIS reporting, with KPIs and responding to planning and central team notes.