What are we looking for?
SSH are looking for talented local Junior Interior Designer’s to join our Kuwait Office, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa. We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making. You will work as part of the wider studio team located in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works as part of the Interior design team. This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with periodic interaction with the Discipline Lead.
• Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Engineer.
• Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
• Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
• Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
• Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process
• Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
• Provide technical support to site supervision teams and resolve design related issues on site.
• Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
What do I need to apply?
• Minimum 3 years of Experience
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Developed project design experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design intent.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Relevant Architectural / Interior Design focused degree.
• Local Society of Engineers membership desirable.
• Experience of working on International and/or onsite projects is desirable.