What we are looking for?
We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to join our team in Kuwait. The Laboratory Technician must demonstrate a minimum of 10yrs. experience of working on building projects in the Middle East.
The Laboratory Technician conducts materials, equipment and resources maintenance in all laboratories and preparation areas and organizes repairs or withdraws damaged items to ensure adherence to safety standards and specifications.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of SSH's Scope of Services under SSH's Contract assuming responsibilities and authorities as delegated by the Discipline Engineer Including but not limited to:
• On site testing of materials and commissioning of installation to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with the project specifications and relevant codes/standards.
• Records results and orders the removal and replacement of non compliant materials to ensure that systems are achieving their intended performance.
• Checking, reviewing and approving all the materials submittals, proposals and samples while referring any complicated design issues to SSH design office for assistance in review and approval.
• Inspecting materials delivered to the project site for compliance with shop drawings.
• Contract requirements and approved materials data / samples.
• Checking quality of works to ensure compliance with the contract specification requirements, method statements and approvals.
• Verifying all tests related to construction in laboratories.
• Project reporting to the DE on a regular basis not limited to the projects delivery performance, risks, changes ensuring all project KPI's are met as set out in the Construction Contract, SSH Contract and SSH IMS Policies, Procedures, Manuals and Guidelines. Including but not limited to:
• Communicate with all discipline relevant project stakeholders maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication.
• Contribute to a professional and respectful working environment.
What do I need to apply?
• Min of 10 year’s experience in similar Role
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across multi-disciplinary teams and multi-divisional teams.
• Significant knowledge and appreciation of industry best practices in relevant role, SSH's Policies, Procedures, Manuals, Guidelines, Systems and Applications with the ability to fully understand impact on QHSE, Contracts, Stakeholder, Risk and Change Management.
• Significant knowledge and appreciation of International and Statutory Authority requirements, codes and procedures with the ability to ensure QA / QC compliance across the project.
• Motivated and enthusiastic towards project, and own individual objectives.
• People skills, and team management acumen ability.
• Working command of the English language (written and spoken). Knowledge and command of Arabic and/or other languages is mandatory in RTE's where required.
Diploma/ Degree in Civil Field
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivaled local knowledge.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB