Kitopi is the world’s leading managed cloud kitchen platform - we partner with restaurants and food concepts to help them expand beyond borders in 14 days. Founded in 2018, our mission is to satisfy the world’s appetite and we currently work with over 150 brands to make this mission a reality.
Kitopi (pronounced: Kee-Toh-Pee) stands for Kitchen Utopia. We serve as enablers to our brand partners in the food market by providing services centered around (but not limited to) sourcing, preparing, producing, and packaging - working closely with our delivery partners to help deliver exceptional food, on our customer’s terms. We are able to achieve this with our in-built, pioneering cloud kitchen technology - a first of its kind innovation, which we hope will help revolutionize and enhance the food tech industry globally.
Our services have also expanded beyond the kitchen to include groceries - Shop Kitopi, subscription-based meal plans, and a first of its kind on-demand food court concept Mix ‘N’ Match. Kitopi currently operates more than 50 kitchens across the UAE, KSA, and Kuwait, thanks to more than 1000 amazing Kitopians.
And we can’t wait for you to join us.
As Kitopi's Assistant Production Manager, you will be directly responsible for assisting the Production Manager for continuously moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. You will also be responsible for raising the bar and driving it higher for the quality of our various suppliers. This role will have the constant aim of achieving efficiency, allowing Kitopi's portfolio of suppliers scale up and send out more orders whilst remaining absolutely delicious.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure effective ordering of all products for the Centralized Kitchen; maintain product inventory at a level that promotes product rotation, freshness, and maximizes shelf life and sales potential.
- Participate in determining order quantities and verifying cost of goods.
- Assist with determining product selections, and perform category management functions assigned by Brand Champion - Chef or as needed.
- Determine daily projects and activities of department employees; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist in performing quality control checks and monitoring production KPIs.
- Assure that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Drive the team ethic and tone, developing a strong culture of continuous improvement to consistently raise the bar of execution.
- Executing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
What Are We Looking For?
- 5+ years experience as a Production Supervisor or hold a proven track record as a Production professional from an international food supplier or work with mass bulk production.
- A degree within hospitality management or business management is a must and former exposure within a similar role would be an added benefit.
- You hustle hard and understand the entrepreneurial landscape. High stamina - you don't fold under pressure. In fact, you thrive in fast-paced environments.
- If you were to seek professional advice, you are likely to have strong people management skills and experience leading large teams. You can set the tone of your team and drive towards results, while being empathetic to your teams' challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners. An entrepreneurial DNA - you're like the lost and found for great opportunities.
- People person - an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams. Able to motivate and inspire.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills - able to speak and listen effectively; great written, verbal, and presentation skills.
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work, in the world. We want to empower you to be the best version of yourself every single day - we wouldn’t have it any other way. Our Kitopi values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included and that they belong.
While we currently operate in 3 countries, we are over 69 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy against racism, bigotry, and hate.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a work from anywhere policy - you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe that will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.