Kitopi is the world’s leading managed cloud kitchen platform - we partner with restaurants and food concepts to help them expand beyond borders in 14 days. Founded in 2018, our mission is to satisfy the world’s appetite and we currently work with over 150 brands to make this mission a reality.
Kitopi (pronounced: Kee-Toh-Pee) stands for Kitchen Utopia. We serve as enablers to our brand partners in the food market by providing services centered around (but not limited to) sourcing, preparing, producing, and packaging - working closely with our delivery partners to help deliver exceptional food, on our customer’s terms. We are able to achieve this with our in-built, pioneering cloud kitchen technology - a first of its kind innovation, which we hope will help revolutionize and enhance the food tech industry globally.
Our services have also expanded beyond the kitchen to include groceries - Shop Kitopi, subscription-based meal plans, and a first of its kind on-demand food court concept Mix ‘N’ Match. Kitopi currently operates more than 50 kitchens across the UAE, KSA, and Kuwait, thanks to more than 1000 amazing Kitopians.
And we can’t wait for you to join us.
To meet Kitopi’s Kitchen goals, the Unit Manager is responsible for running a profitable kitchen and for making sure the kitchen meets our standards of Quality, Speed and Accuracy. The Unit Manager works with his Deputy, Assistant Managers and each Department (Shift Managers/ Staff Trainer/ Crew Trainer/ and Team Members) to set the kitchen goals and creates the plan to achieve these goals, also working with the Department Managers to set their own goals, following up on their progress, and providing coaching and direction to improve their Departments. By improving the Departments, the kitchen improves!
What You'll Do
- The Unit Manager oversees all the departments responsibly, ensuring highest food quality, maximum speed and maintain food consistency as per the brand’s standards.
- Ensure excellent operations in; Quality, Speed and Accuracy throughout the Departments.
- Meeting the sales and profit goal for Kitopi, this can be achieved ensuring highest food quality and minimize food wastage.
- Manage daily kitchen operations and Controls such as; labor cost, inventory, scheduling, orders on a daily basis.
- Coach and follow-up on crew to ensure excellent operation
- Oversees the growth and development of employees.
- Sets and oversees the achievement of kitchen goals.
- Support the General Manager with setting and achieving kitchen set goals
- Maintain a cooperative and harmonious working relationship between management team and the Team Members
- Ensuring that all sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures are observed and enforced
Who Are We Looking For?
- As a Unit Manager, you must be very flexible, display excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. You must have a passion for Food & Beverage, love working in the kitchens, be customer-driven and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure, while delegating tasks appropriately. It is also important that you are committed to providing your crew with thorough training and cross-training to ensure their success.
- You must be a leader, who leads by example, enjoys inspiring and motivating your team - you don’t fold under pressure. In fact, you thrive in fast-paced environments.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in operations and culinary management.
- Excellent knowledge of Food Legislation, Relevant Codes of Practice & Quality Standards and Health & Safety Legislation
- Restaurant and Kitchen Management experience.
- Strong background in a fast food and delivery environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills able to speak and listen effectively; great written, verbal, and presentation skills.
So, what does it really mean to work at Kitopi?
We are constantly striving to make Kitopi the best place to work, in the world. We want to empower you to be the best version of yourself every single day - we wouldn’t have it any other way. Our Kitopi values act as our guiding principles to help ensure that everyone feels safe, included and that they belong.
While we currently operate in 3 countries, we are over 69 different nationalities of talented Kitopians. We celebrate our rich diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures and have a 0 tolerance policy against racism, bigotry, and hate.
Along with offices in all the markets we operate in, we also believe in a work from anywhere policy - you get to choose the environment you operate in because we believe that will help you deliver work you’re proud of.
Tech-enabled and customer-obsessed, at Kitopi, we are a team of passionate humans who are on a mission together to satisfy the world’s appetite.