If you are good with numbers and are talented in the finance field, keen to make a significant impact in a diverse Architectural & Engineering practice, SSH is what you are looking for!
We are looking for an individual with passion for corporate finance to join our Kuwait office where we provide front-end building design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team in Kuwait. The Accounts Assistant must demonstrate a minimum of 3yrs. experience working in a similar role in the Middle East.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• To support the Senior Accountant in either AP, Treasury or Projects.
• To gain an understanding of all areas of the Finance team in order to be able to cover or support the other Accountants.
• A pro-active approach, able to work autonomously and use own initiative.
• High personal standards and a commitment to delivering quality information to deadlines.
• A critical eye for detail, accuracy and presentation. It is essential that the Accountants Assistant takes responsibility for checking and critically reviewing their own work, as incorrect information or analysis can have serious implications for the business.
• An enquiring mind and desire to understand the story behind the numbers.
• Ability to understand, prioritise and manage internal customer expectations.
What do I need to apply?
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships.
• Bachelor degree in Accountancy.
• Studying towards or qualified Association of Accounting Technicians qualification preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working within a Finance team.
• Excel, Power point and word skills essential.
• Deltek (ERP) experience preferred.
• Good presentation skills and interaction with senior management
Completion of a Bachelor or a Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Formal financial qualification (ICAEW, CIMA, CA, CFA or ACCA)
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.