What we are looking for?
SSH is seeking to hire a Site utilities Engineer who will carry out day to day supervision of construction utilities and civil work and/or building structures.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Provides engineering knowledge on utilities.
• Ensures contractor compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards and QA/QC systems, policies, and procedures.
• Reviews utility submittals including vendors, shop drawings and utility drawings, surge analysis reports and specifications for compliance with the Contract requirements and design intent.
• Comply with project QA/QC procedures.
• Consults with other discipline leaders to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for scheduled completion of construction.
• Support the needs of other discipline leads for input to their efforts.
• Supports the construction management team during construction and commissioning.
• Provides advice concerning design or scope changes identified for review.
• Regularly visit the site to inspect the utility installation progress and identify non-conformances. Provide utility related insight on construction issues.
• Arrange regular meetings with the contractor to review progress on utility submittals and site issues.
What do I need to apply?
· 10 years’ experience in related field.
· Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Field
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.