What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented Utility Inspectors to join our team in Kuwait. The inspector must demonstrate a minimum of 8 yrs. experience working as a Site Inspector on projects in the Middle East.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Review and evaluate specifications and drawings prior to project pre-construction meetings, prepare and assemble pre-construction questions and suggestions for review.
• Conduct site inspections for new projects including civil work, utilities, storm sewers and concrete structures and paving and franchised utility work
• Record general and detailed conditions by reports, photography verify compliance with proposed plans and specifications, refer discrepancies with appropriate project staff member, research and verify a variety of information.
• Establish and maintain working contact with project staff and contractors, answer questions and provide information to the contractors and project staff regarding project progress and changes including testing, engineering, planning and established parameters
• Participate in the collection of various utility information including current and proposed locations, investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Monitor and record a variety of construction activity including testing, results of phasing and equipment and safety standards, correct and accurate installation of equipment and construction materials.
• Coordinate completion of projects, completion of all project paperwork, coordinate and undertake inspection with contractors.
• Prepare, review and update a variety of reports including daily project reports, monthly pay estimates and project status reports; attend staff meetings as required.
What do I need to apply?
• Minimum 8 years’ as a utilities inspector with relevant experience on similar projects
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Kuwait.
• Experience with renowned International Consultancy firms.
• Demonstrable experience of working on a building project based in the Middle East
• Strong Site Inspection Record
• Detail Oriented
• Good Communication Skills
• Team leadership abilities
Diploma or a Degree in Civil