What we are looking for?
We are currently searching for a Civil Inspector to join our team in Kuwait. The Civil Inspector must demonstrate a minimum of 7yrs. experience of working on building projects in the Middle East.
The Civil Inspector would supervise installations and construction activities to ensure work is performed according to specification and regulations.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of SSH's Scope of Services under SSH's Contract assuming responsibilities and authorities as delegated by the Discipline Engineer Including but not limited to:
• Monitoring and inspecting installations and construction activities to ensure work is performed according to design drawings, specification, SSH policies and procedures and industry best practices.
• Issuing violation notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications and inspecting and monitoring construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, or specifications.
• Preparation of snagging lists.
• Inspecting materials delivered to the project site for compliance with shop drawings.
• Contract requirements and approved materials data / samples.
• Checking quality of works to ensure compliance with the contract specification requirements.
• Carries out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained.
• Reviews 'As Built' drawings and 'Operation and Maintenance Manuals' to ensure correctness.
• Updating on the status of site projects being managed and notifying concerned immediately if any serious incident occurs .
• If appropriate, instructing emergency procedures to avoid accidental damage.
• Ensure all QA/QC documents are processed for respective project sites; maintains daily logs.
• Supplements inspection records with photographs and issues field observation report and 'none conformance report' (NCR)
• Communicate with all discipline relevant project stakeholders maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication.
• Contribute to a professional and respectful working environment.
What do I need to apply?
• Min of 7 year’s experience in similar Role
• Significant Post-Contract Supervision QA / QC experience.
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across multi-disciplinary teams and multi-divisional teams.
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across all support services, divisions, internal, statutory bodies, sub-consultants, contractors etc.
• Significant knowledge and appreciation of industry best practices in relevant role, SSH's Policies, Procedures, Manuals, Guidelines, Systems and Applications with the ability to fully understand impact on QHSE, Contracts, Stakeholder, Risk and Change Management.
• Significant knowledge and appreciation of International and Statutory Authority requirements, codes and procedures with the ability to ensure QA / QC compliance across the project.
• Motivated and enthusiastic towards project, and own individual objectives.
• People skills, and team management acumen ability.
• Working command of the English language (written and spoken). Knowledge and command of Arabic and/or other languages is mandatory in RTE's where required.
Diploma/ Degree in Civil Field
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.