What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for talented FF&E Interior Designer’s to join our Kuwait Office, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for team members with exceptional design skills, first class graphics and a passion for place making.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
Works as part of an engineering design team, leading work on defined segments of a project with limited guidance and supervision of a Senior Interior Designer. Role also includes responsibility for Statutory Authorities approvals, site back-up and mentoring of junior staff members.
• Coordinate and work with senior designer(s) in the development of overall design concepts.
• Create furniture layouts, perspectives and render for presentation
• Prepare schemes and sample boards to include, furniture, fabrics, and accessories
• Select and document necessary specifications, schedules and material references; approved colours, finishes, materials required into a spec book.
• Prepare spec sheets for all selected and custom items.
• Contact with client/consultants/vendors on all FF&E matters and attend site meetings.
•Be informed and regularly updated on various FF&E supplies and materials relative to design/decoration purposes and budgets.
• Update and maintain the FF&E library.
• Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Interior Designer.
• Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
• Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
• Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
• Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
• Attend Client meetings.
• Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
• Provide technical support to site supervision teams and resolve design related issues on site.
• Coordinate with team of Interior Designers and Technicians on a daily basis and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
• Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and the development of a project.
• Develop a thorough project delivery strategy.
• Produce detailed scope of services for specialist sub-consultant.
• Lead the design work ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
• Coordinate and develop responses to review comments, tender queries, contractor's queries, etc.
• Responsible, with guidance from Senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Actively pursue or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
• Responsible for coordinating QA/QC and review processes on each project responsible for.
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Interior Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Extensive project experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Familiarity and knowledge of both traditional and contemporary style of interior materials, furnishings, accessories and artwork as well as architectural materials and its application in design projects.
•Passionate and aware of global design trends and FF&E supplies.
•Strong knowledge in sourcing for high-end FF&E and finishes on large and small projects.
• Familiarity and comprehension of working on FF&E project cost and budget control.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Relevant Architectural / Interior Design focused degree.
• Local Society of Engineers membership preferred.
Working experience and knowledge on following digital platforms
•Adobe Creative cloud
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• AutoCAD Revit LT Suit
• Autodesk Revit
•Autodesk Revit Architecture